2006 – March


Present:   Jerry Huff, Kati James, Dave Jansen, Steve Johnson, Jim Short & Steve Ynzunza
Excused:   Jan Weaver

Approved the minutes of 2-21-06

Members Present:   Carl Sloan and Dave Bellina

1 USARM General Information
A) Introduction of New Director Shelley Ulry

Shelley was welcomed to the Board and she stated that she looked forward to working with everyone.
B) Membership Presentations/Issues

Dave Bellina and Carl Sloan were welcomed to the meeting. It was mentioned that all Board meetings were open to USARM membership. Dave Bellina stated that he was in attendance to observe the meeting and provide membership input when needed.
C) Selection of New Treasurer

Kati reported that Shelley Ulry had volunteered to take over the position and that she had an accounting background. Jerry Huff nominated Shelley for the position and there was a second. Shelley was unanimously voted to the position of Treasurer.
D) Conference Calls

There was discussion regarding conference call meetings and the ability of members not able to be at meetings to provide input when conference call meetings occurred. There was a motion that there should be conference call meetings and a second to the motion with an amendment that a letter be received from CISCO management stating that the USARM use of CISCO equipment for conference calls would be an authorized use of their equipment. There was a vote and it was approved to have some conference call meetings after the letter was received from CISCO management for the use of their equipment. There was also discussion to make sure to let everyone know if there were costs involved for the conference calls to make sure that they were not cost prohibitive.
E) Board Meeting Refreshments

Jerry Huff reported that 4-5 years ago that the Board had decided not to have USARM provide refreshments for the Board Meetings. There was a vote and refreshments will no longer be provided at the Board Meetings.
F) Comped Memberships

There was discussion regarding memberships being comped for workers who are non-residents of the US traveling into the US to work a USARM event. There was a unanimous vote that these type of workers would get their memberships comped. It was also decided that the Election Chairman as well as the Banquet Chairman would also get their memberships comped.
G) New Directors Binders

Steve Ynzunza presented each of the Directors with binders with their names on them. Inside each binder were copies of all of the agendas and notes since he has been secretary dating back to January 2005. It also included a divider with all of the meeting dates and locations as well as some extra dividers for Directors to use.
H) AFR Update

Dave Jansen reported that he had been in discussion with AFR regarding the outstanding bill for $4000 that had been presented for the training that did not occur. Dave Jansen reported that through discussion the bill was now down to $1800. A question was asked to how much was originally agreed to prior to the training day and Kati reported that it was $300. There was a motion to only pay the $300 and a vote was taken. It was 3-2 in favor of only paying the $300.
I) Reimbursement for Equipment Transport

There was discussion as to how it was decided in Dec 2005 that people would no longer be reimbursed to take equipment to the different tracks. There was a motion to have a $20 flat fee paid to the member that picked up the equipment from one of the caches and transported it to another track. A vote was taken and the motion was approved.
J) Annual Membership Meeting

In keeping with the By-laws, Steve Y reported that there was a need for an annual membership meeting. Jerry Huff suggested that it be held at the MotoGP event. The Board decided before choosing that date that they would check with the Chairpersons of the event Jan Weaver and Ted Kuwada.
K) By-Laws (Updates/Changes)

Steve Ynzunza presented some issues that previous Boards had not followed some of the requirements of the By-laws and that there was a need for updates and changes to the current By-laws. Steve Ynzunza presented a motion that the Board review Articles 1 to 3 of the current By-laws and bring any recommendations for changes and updates in these three articles to the April Board Meeting. The motion also included same process for Articles 4 to 8 bringing those recommendations to the May Board Meeting. This would all be completed in order to present the changes to the membership in June for a tentative vote on any changes in July. There was a vote and it was unanimous to follow the process listed in the motion.
2 Financial Reports
A) Treasurers Report

There will be a treasurer's report at the next Board Meeting. Steve Ynzunza presented Shelley Ulry with the USARM checkbook.
B) Expense Reports

Expense reports were turned in and approved by the Board.
C) 2006 Annual Budget

Steve Ynzunza reported that in keeping with the By-laws that an annual budget needed to be established for 2006 for all of the USARM events. Kati advised all the Directors to bring their budgets for 2006 to the April Board Meeting.
3 Equipment
A) Inventory (Partial Return)

Kati reported that Gary Thomas had contacted her and advised that some equipment had been returned to his trailer. Kati stated that Gary and Betty Thomas along with Kati would be performing a new inventory including the returned equipment. Steve Ynzunza reported that the investigation was continuing into the remaining missing equipment.
B) New Flags

Carl Sloan reported that he had purchased a new set of flags for $260. There was discussion as to how many more we would need for MotoGP. Steve Ynzunza reported that there were 38 full sets in the trailer. Dave Jansen reminded everyone that it was important that the colors all met the requirements for MotoGP. It was decided that 15 new sets of flags would be ordered along with some flags for Jim Short to meet the Pro Mazda requirements. Dave Jansen and Steve Ynzunza would be coordinating the flag order with Ted Kuwada.
C) Trailer

Dave Jansen reported that it would cost $500 for the decals to be put on the trailer at Laguna Seca. The Board approved this cost. The work will be performed by Mikey Hill's company. Jim Short reported that the trailer up North was in bad need of repair. Steve Ynzunza was given the task to obtain quotes for a 6X8 trailer from the trailer company that we purchased our new trailer from in Gilroy and to bring the quote to the April Board Meeting.
4 Upcoming Events
A) Racing Events

Jerry Huff stated that the Virginia City Hill Climb was scheduled for September 15-17, but we had not been asked to work it yet.
5 Roundtable
Jim Short reported that when he presented Kjal Kaman with the award that he was overjoyed with the honor of the award.

Jim Short also reported that one of the recently purchased flag bags had already ripped. He was advised to call the company where he purchased the bags from and get it repaired.

Jerry Huff reported that some information that he had provided had not been included in the Grid. Kati will work on getting all information provided in the Grid as long as it makes the printing deadline.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:19pm

The Next Board Meeting is:
Tuesday April 18th at the San Jose Roundtable Pizza, 5440-A Thornwood Drive, San Jose, CA 95123
USARM members are always invited to attend BoD meetings
The following are the upcoming Board Meeting dates for 2006:
Tuesday April 18th, 2006 7:30pm San Jose Roundtable
Tuesday May 16th, 2006 7:30pm Fremont Roundtable
Tuesday June 20th, 2006 7:30pm San Jose Roundtable
Tuesday July 11th, 2006 7:30pm Fremont Roundtable
Tuesday August 15th, 2006 7:30pm San Jose Roundtable
Tuesday September 19th, 2006 7:30pm Fremont Roundtable
Tuesday October 17th, 2006 7:30pm San Jose Roundtable
Tuesday November 21st, 2006 7:30pm Fremont Roundtable
Tuesday December 19th, 2006 7:30pm San Jose Roundtable
The addresses for both Roundtables are:
San Jose Roundtable
5440-A Thornwood Drive
San Jose, Ca. 95123
(408) 578-5200
Fremont Roundtable
40831 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, Ca. 94583
(510) 651-2111

Next Board Meeting:
Tuesday April 18th, 2006 at 7:30pm at the Roundtable Pizza in San Jose